Offered Salary 1000
Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Marine & Ports is transforming the industry through electrical, digital and connected solutions. Our innovative technologies are redefining the future, bringing new levels of reliability, efficiency and sustainability to shipping while making our ports and terminals safer, greener and more productive.
One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward thinking Finance function. With more than 3,600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions.
The role reports to the HUB Division Controller Americas and is located Houston, Texas. As a Financial Analyst 2, you will be responsible for analyzing and preparing complex financial and business information supporting the organization. Direct the preparation of reports, graphs, charts and the analysis of financial trends. Ensure compliance with Company policies and governmental regulations. Develop, recommend and implement improvements to enhance customer satisfaction and the group’s effectiveness. Drive finance digitalization to improve efficiency and processes.
Financial Analyst consists of the analysis of requirements, evaluation of problems, forecasting of developments, and planning of operations and equipment to cost-effectively enable the Company to comply with regulations and compete in the marketplace.
- Administer a variety of financial activities and monitor financial transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices (US GAAP). Ensure effective utilization of a system of checks and balances to safeguard Company assets. Must be able to operate and effectively manage SOX internal controls ensuring the financials records are kept per ABB requirements for internal controls. Ensure all SOX controls are actively maintained and up to date.
- Manage, coordinate or conduct the investigation, audit and analysis of a variety of financial activities and information such as budgets, prices, costs of products and services. Recommend and implement actions to achieve cost savings while maintaining quality and security.
- Develop and implement measures to assist functional groups in various financial aspects of their operations. Advise and assist them, providing early warning of such problems as cost over-runs, excessive charges and potential penalties. Develop models to depict financial and related activities tailored for unique functions.
- Prepare or lead the preparation of statistics, including preparation of charts and graphs depicting progress, conditions, results, forecasts, and related reports and recommendations. May have responsibility for capital planning and fixed assets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance or related field and 3 to 5 years of experience, or alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.