Offered Salary 1000
Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB’s Electrification business is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions – enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel.
You will be working as a Internal Control Manager and will be part of Electrification Business area based in Dubai, UAE. In this role, you will be reporting to the Head of Assurance Accounting and Control and will be responsible for driving the assessment of financial reporting risks and the design, implementation and maintenance of a high-quality system of internal control over financial reporting.
- Providing oversight to ensure operational management maintains an appropriate internal control environment.
- Driving to enhance the transparency, knowledge and maturity level in the respective EL business regarding risk and control and the recognition of the benefits, process understanding and the interfaces to other risk management activities.
- Supporting the respective Electrification controllers and CFMs in reaching their targets regarding Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICoFR) including identification, review and follow ups on the status of ICoFRs and remediations.
- Setting up an action plan(s) for improvements of the internal control framework in cooperation with the respective controllers and CFMs, process and control owners, GBS, CoE and ARIC, supporting and following up on implementation.
- Leading and / or supporting implementation of process and control design enhancements standardizing processes and controls to simplify and rationalizing the control environment, and to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Encouraging use of technology enhancing the control environment, processes and controls, i.e. by identifying of potentials for automation of processes and/or controls.
- Driving electrification business for local implementation of all relevant aspects of ABB governance framework, especially including corporate and business regulations, authorization tables set by corporate, business and local organization.
- Maintaining relationships with internal and external auditors in close co-operation with the electrification controllers and CFMs.
- Supporting and overseeing the deficiency and remediation assessment process and proactively work with the process and control owners to establish proper remediation plans, addressing the underlying root causes.
- Delivering periodic training and expertise to management, process owners, control owners and control performers to ensure successful execution of roles and responsibilities. Contributing to maintain solid Segregation of Duties (SoD) in and across IT-systems. Participating in global Risk and Internal Controls initiatives and projects.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business and following all applicable legal, customer and ABB’s health, safety and environment requirements all the time.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration/finance or equivalent qualification. Minimum 5 to 8 years. of audit, assurance, internal control or finance related areas.
- Working experience in one of the Big4 firms would be an advantageous.
- Required solid understanding of internal controls methodology, practices and united states generally accepted accounting principles (US GAAP).
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to independently draw conclusions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence both internally and externally.
- Fluent in English additional languages in the geographic area are an advantage.