Offered Salary 1000
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
The successful candidate will be part of Finance Division, Cargo Revenue Accounting Department. He/She will be responsible in ensuring accuracy of billings from other airlines and to detect any incorrect billings promptly which will result in revenue losses to the company. He/she will also need to ensure compliance to industry regulations, IFRS, and internal procedures.
• Highlight if applicable tariffs and agreements are not readily available in the SPARC system.
• Ensure staff have sufficient knowledge in cargo proration, interline accounting procedures and other relevant cargo related matters.
• Ensure inward billings received from other airlines are correct based on agreed rates
• Ensure prompt recharge to airline for overbilling.
• Ensure prompt feedback on errors to stations for corrective action and recovery of short-collection.
• Monitor and ensure suspense accounts balances are reasonable and cleared timely.
• Investigate outstanding balances in the suspense accounts to identify any unusual postings, errors or short-collections.
• Reconcile the balance between SPARC and SAP
• Ensure amount provided and paid are valid trucking charges and within reasonable range.
• Query stations on unusual postings and request for trucking documents to verify and minimize error postings
• Ensure adequate trucking provision is made each month.
• Perform analysis of actual payments received as
compared to trucking provisions previously set aside
• Liaise with stations on discrepancies between AWB routing captured in SPARC and actual shipment routing according to Rx
• Assist with station’s queries to investigate on specific AWBs
• Ensure prompt and accurate payment of ORC.
• Check to ensure ORC computed based on the ORC % as per the GSA agreement in SPARC and computed manually where applicable, if the limited SPARC functionality is unable to compute
• Ensure ORC applicability is computed correctly on shipments excluded in agreement (eg: charters & station sales)
• Assist with testing whenever there are new systems enhancements and upgrades
• Assist to coordinate the upgrade testing of systems upgrades for Revenue Accounting Department.
• Attend meetings regarding system issues.
• Review documentations whenever there are updates to industry changes by IATA, usually on an annual basis
• Review current system functionalities and assess if changes are required to keep up with industry updates
• Assess current accounting processes and analyze impact of new accounting standards
• Review and propose changes to accounting for compliance with Financial Reporting Standards
• Conduct quality checks on works performed by TCS for inward billing capture and missing flown to ensure that KPIs are met
• Monitor TCS’ KPIs and ensure that the service credits are computed accurately when there is a service failure.
• Ensure that service credits are credited back to us timely.
• Degree in Business / Accountancy
• At least 2 to 3 years of working experience.
• Knowledge in accounting
• Proficient in Microsoft office and SAP
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Good communication and writing skills
• Good interpersonal skills