Offered Salary 1000
Experience 2 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
The successful candidate will join the Finance team in Singapore Flying College (SFC), a subsidiary of SIA. Reporting to a Finance Manager, he/she will be tasked to manage all Finance, Accounting and Administrative matters in SFC.
Key Responsibilities include:
Finance and Accounting
• Control and maintain SFC’s accounts, including all branch accounting and consolidation at HQ level.
• Track, verify and record all expenditure and payments, to ensure the accounts of each branch is accurate and maintained to required standards.
• Ensure proper allocation of expenses, accounting, recording, and allocation of revenue between HQ and branch; this includes keeping abreast with current regulations which may affect the nature of the relationship, i.e. transfer pricing, tax liabilities etc.
• Ensure proper accounting for Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR) and General Ledger (GL). Review AP and AR aging reports and ensure no overdue collections and payment, and monthly Balance Sheet schedules.
• Ensure proper classification of fixed assets, movements and disposals; accurate monitoring of inventory movement and costing at all locations.
• Prepare, co-ordinate, finalise and control budgetary estimates and costing of all expenditure; include constant liaison with Department Heads.
• Review Capital Expenditure Application (CEA) / Asset Disposal Application (ADA), virement and supplementary budget applications.
• Control and manage the cashflow of HQ and branches; this includes the transfer of funds and liaison with SIA on intercompany transactions.
• Co-ordinate and prepare all management reports, financial data, analysis and reports required by Singapore Airlines Limited or regulatory authorities and adhering to all requirements and deadlines set; this includes monthly, quarterly, half yearly, year-end and ad-hoc reports.
• Ensure all regulatory requirements, including taxation compliance are adhered; this includes accurate and timely submission of all income tax, GST returns, and other tax submissions, for all locations.
• Exercise good internal control and ensure that all assets and interests of the College are protected and monitored constantly.
• Maintain good liaison with external parties, i.e. government departments and statutory bodies, banks, etc.
• Liaise with external and internal auditor in ensuring that all financial records and internal control are in accordance with regulations.
• Keeping abreast with current accounting practices and taxation regulations (including Australia).
• Ensuring that all purchases and tender exercises for contracts are conducted in a proper manner.
• Good liaison with SIA Finance in ensuring that accounts are in accordance with SIA’s requirements.
• Review of user access matrix.
• Lead and/or assist in annual and ad-hoc stock take.
• Assist in yearly Control Self Assessment (CSA) exercise and review findings.
• Liaison with SIA Legal, in ensuring that College’s interest is well covered in all contractual obligations.
• Ensure that all loss of properties is reported to Management and SIA timely; adequate and proper utilisation of office’s assets.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Finance Manager.
• Good Degree in Accountancy or an equivalent professional qualification recognised by ISCA or ACCA qualifications.
• Good attention to details.
• Good analytical skills.
• Effective time management skills.
• Effective communications skills.