Offered Salary 1000
Experience 6 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward-thinking Finance function. With more than 3,600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions.
You will be a vital member of the finance team within the Global Business Services (GBS) organization, in largest center located in Krakow. You will provide key support to the business, ensuring the accurate tracking and processing of all transactions. To strengthen our Finance team, we are looking for a General Accounting Team Leader with strong working experience in leadership and General Accounting process. Seize this unique opportunity to take an active part in shaping our new GBS center and grow together with the rapidly developing organization.
- You manage team with focus on effective operational execution, responsible for the short to midterm operational and tactical team activities
- You support overall financial statement preparation by leading a team that executes accurate and timely completion of accounting activities in compliance with internal guidelines and procedures and external regulatory requirements
- You ensure timely and accurate production of reports and oversees the month end close process for the accounting center including statement of accounts, reconciliations, statements of sourcing, preparation of monthly balance sheet and application of funds
- You perform General Accounting activities, applying techniques and standards to solve unusual issues and serves as escalation point for complex accounting transactions
- You support management with financial aspects of project funding and risk assessment
- You ensure Key Performance Indicators are met with the pre-defined objectives and define tasks to ensure delivery of services to assigned business partners in accordance with Service Level Agreements
- You act as the point of contact for external, internal and SOX audits and lead the internal control over Financial Reporting compliance and reporting for General Accounting testing
- You identify, recommend and assist in implementation of best practices to gain efficiency and drive productivity gains across the region/global
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Finance function and at least 3 years in a role relevant to General Accounting (General Ledger or Financial Reporting) and 2 years in managing a team directly
- Experience in Finance Shared Services for a Global Company a strong plus
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting, Charted Accountant qualifications a strong plus
- Demonstrate proficiency in the domain of General Accounting and thorough understanding of GL, financial accounting and reporting
- Excellent user knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel skills and ERP experience as a must
- Proficient in business English
- Excellent communication skills as well as team handling and delegations skills
- Collaborative and conflict resolving approach to stakeholder management
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, handle different initiatives concurrently, create learning atmosphere among team members and leverage networks within the organization