Offered Salary 1000
Experience 2 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
What You’ll Do
You will be responsible for the monthly and quarterly accounting and reporting of private investments and prepare related information for SEC filing disclosures. You will support the Treasury and corporate development finance teams by consulting on existing and proposed transactions related to these activities. Additionally, you will support the accounting for Cisco’s portfolio of direct and indirect private equity securities. This role provides a great opportunity to gain experience and exposure to functions both within and outside of Finance.
- Prepare journal entries related to the private investment portfolio in support of Cisco’s accounting month-end & quarter-end closes
- Track and coordinate private investment cash movements including new and additional funding, distributions, and escrow payments with Treasury and Global Shared Services
- Understand private equity investment valuations and resulting fair value mark to market adjustments
- Consult with business partners, including corporate development finance and business development on assessing accounting treatment of new private equity investments
- Act as private equity accounting expert in support of business partners such as Treasury and Tax
- Prepare private investment-related Treasury Accounting 10-K and 10Q disclosures
- Prepare monthly and quarterly internal reporting package schedules
Who You’ll Work With
The Corporate Controller Group (CCG), is comprised of several groups that are committed to supporting business processes with a high level of integrity and credibility through developing, influencing and implementing global financial policy and process and effective partnering. The specific group that you will belong to is the Global Accounting & Reporting (GAR) / Global Close & Reporting group, who supports virtual close, earning release and SEC filing and partnering with functional groups across the Company.
There are exciting changes happening within the Cisco Finance organization as we shift to become even more passionate about our business partners and drive major groundbreaking initiatives in the way we operate.
Who You Are
You have a strong accounting background, are well-rounded and enjoy digging into details and have the ability to assess the big picture. You are proactive, a collaborative self-starter who is comfortable independently solving accounting problems by working with business partners to gather and integrate information from various Cisco sources and can incorporate technical accounting guidance.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Accounting or Finance with a strong academic record
- At least 2 years of experience in Accounting or Finance
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward