Offered Salary 1000
Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Directs and participates in geological activities in assigned fields. Accountable for acquisition and interpretation of accurate geological data and construction of conceptual geological models to ensure accurate numerical reservoir simulation, calculation of recoverable hydrocarbon in place, and optimization of field development and reservoir management programs.
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 1)
- Carries out complex analysis and interpretation of geological field data using advanced modelling techniques in order to provide input for the compilation and development of well proposal.
- Provides regional structural geology, and restoration experience in a variety of tectonic episodes at basin/field/reservoir scale, including but not limited to the integration with reservoir geomechanic, rock mechanic studies.
- Performs geological studies evaluation, combining petrophysical data, Facies description, core data, borehole image logs, Well correlation, and pressure data leading to construction of 3D static geological models and ensure the studies integration.
- Designs and plans complex studies to identify new prospects, and the hydrocarbon systems, develops new play concepts, and qualified models of the subsurface. Studies include but not limited to the stratigraphic, lithofacies identification, diagenesis understanding, porosity and permeability distribution, and hydrocarbon saturation studies to characterize the reservoir.
- Responsible for integrating geological and other well/seismic data and advices on formation depth, geometries of geobodies, geometrical relationship, form and shape of carbonate deposit.
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 2)
- Supervises and participates in geological reservoir studies aimed at constructing and/or improving geological models including 3D static models, and ensure models accuracy.
- Provides discipline-specific technical advice, guidance and problem resolution capability in order to meet data gathering issues and required support by other disciplines team members.
- Ensures contractors’ compliance with contract terms and schedules by monitoring progress and performance through regular activity reports and ensures the technical integrity.
- Reviews and prepares study progress reports and ensures adherence to Company and professional standards and procedures established for such studies.
• Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
• Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
• Provide input for preparation of the Department/ Section budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
• Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Implement approved Department / Section policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Department / Section’s work programs in line with Company and International standards.
• Comply with all applicable legislation and legal regulations.
• Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Department / Section in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
• Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
• Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices
• Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management
Internal Communications & Working Relationships
Contact with line Manager/ peers and other employees within the company/Group as required
External Communications & Working Relationships
Contact with external parties including consultants, third party service providers, and government agencies as required
Bachelor Degree in Geology
Minimum Experience, Knowledge & Skills
8 years of experience in Petroleum industry including at least 6 years in Geophysical interpretation
Work Condition, Physical effort & Work Environment
A/C environment, could be exposed to the prevailing weather conditions like heat, humidity and dust during occasional site visits.
Job Family / Sub Family:Operations / Exploration & Development
Revenues/ Budget: As per approved financial budget
Direct Reports: As per organization chart
Indirect Reports: As per organization chart