Offered Salary 1000
Experience 6 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
What You’ll Do
We are seeking an outstanding Administrative Assistant professional to support leaders in our IBN Specialist Sales organization; specifically our IBN Access Sales leader and our SDWAN Sales Leader.
In joining the team, your primary responsibility will be to provide support for calendaring, travel, and expenses, along with management and oversight of special projects for two sales directors. Secondary responsibilities include being backup to other executive administrators within the team and providing event logistics support.
You will operate independently and understand how to handle incoming asks for time, meetings, resources and other needs. Work should be considered of a critical and confidential nature. You should have excellent communications, organizational and prioritization skills. Due to the frequent engagement of senior leadership across Cisco as a whole, this individual will collaborate with and coordinate activities with other EAs and executives in Cisco. You will be flexible and resilient. This role will support leaders across US time zones.
Role & Responsibilities:
To perform these tasks effectively, you will become familiar with the people, products, and organizational dynamics within Cisco’s Global Specialist Sales organization and related cross-functional organizations.
- Calendar Management: Coordinates leaders’ calendars by prioritizing schedules and meetings. For example, may decide who gets on principals’ calendars, which meetings are attended, and who could attend in their place.
- Meeting Planning and Organization: Assists in planning and organizing meetings by taking ownership for assembling the agenda, location, meeting technology (WebEx) based upon participant needs, and all other meeting logistics. May further prepare meeting briefing documents by taking and disseminating notes and formulating post meeting action item lists.
- Travel: Responsible for making travel arrangements for principal team members. Carefully considers and decides the optimum travel arrangements and itinerary for calendared meetings while managing Cisco expenses.
- Travel and expense management: Accountable for making in-depth global travel arrangements for executive and managing Cisco expenses.
- Special projects: Providing analytical & project support on special initiatives, researching issues, analyzing problems, compiling data, and preparing reports.
- Correspondence/approvals: Acting as a proxy for communications and approvals as authorized; answering general questions as necessary, referring (filtering) routine matters to appropriate parties, and following up to ensure accurate disposition; taking initiative to resolve issues within specified policies and guidelines, and providing mentorship to community members on problem-solving; determining when executive action is required and supplying a recommendation where appropriate.
- Confidentiality: Candidate will deal professionally with highly sensitive and confidential matters and materials.
Who You Are
- 6+ years’ experience in an administrative role. A minimum of two years of experience supporting a principal who was at the Director level and above.
- Great attention to detail and the maturity to handle confidential information
- Expert knowledge of Mac/Windows desktop computer applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Past work experience in the high-tech industry is desired; prior Cisco experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including communicating with all levels of Executive/Senior staff and clients.
- Experience in planning meetings and coordinating travel.
- Collaborative style with excellent teamwork.
- Solves problems and makes decisions. Demonstrates leadership.
- Advanced desktop calendar management program experience.
- Preferred: BA/BS or equivalent experience; past work experience in the IT industry
- Ability to navigate web and email with high proficiency knowledge.
- Generally, receives no instruction on routine tasks and very little instruction on new projects.
- Works in an organized and disciplined manner
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!