Location: Dubai, AE
Company: Majid Al Futtaim
The position is mainly responsible to maximize leasing revenue for the assigned area, ensuring implementation of best practices defined by the SMBU Corporate Leasing and managing key tenant relationships.
- Agree with Senior Manager Leasing on objectives. These objectives will outline the amount of space to be leased, the time frame required to Lease and the target rental rate to be achieved, appropriate merchandise mix compatibility and presentation.
- Agree with Senior Manager Leasing and the relevant Development Manager appropriate marketing plans which will issue potential tenant awareness and interest in the new development.
- Ensure enquiries are handled promptly, filed and replied to on timely manner and when necessary and arrange site visits for potential tenants.
- Create and maintain a database of inquiries and potential tenants for re-letting of vacant units, which includes catalogue library.
- Take the approved merchandising mix of properties, identity for discussion with Senior Manager Leasing and Development Manager and the Leasing Committee a shortlist of appropriate tenants for each lettable space.
- Conduct negotiations with more than one tenant for each lettable space and then make a recommendation on preferred tenant to the Leasing Committee (within assigned properties).
- Work with the Senior Manager – Leasing to ensure new developments are completely leased prior their completion and handover.
- Prepare lease agreement and all necessary documents to commercial and legal bind agreement with tenant in co-ordination with HO Legal Department and Leasing staff.
- Prepare regular Leasing activity reports and the status of each negotiations held with potential Tenants.
- Maintain in conjunction with the Legal and the relevant Property Development and Commercial Operations Executives a standard Lease.
- Work with Property Operations Executives in putting a strategy for Lease Extension negotiations, finding where retail gaps exist and what retailers will best complement those already in the Centre.
- Ensure compliance with the MAFP SMBU’s Code of Conduct, Departmental policies and HC Policies and Procedures at all times.
- Be the advocate and ambassador of aligning and cascading the MAFP values in the assigned area of responsibility and ensure that it is adhered to and exhibit the same all the time.
- Lead by example – thrive to create an honest and open work environment where individuals collaborate /support each other as a team and are passionate to achieve a common business objective.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or equivalent field.
- Minimum 7 – 9 years of progressive experience in managing all aspects of Leasing function in a highly dynamic organization, preferably Retail / Large Shopping Malls / major Real Estate in GCC or abroad in a similar role.