Offered Salary 1000
Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Qatar Petroleum (QP) is a state-owned public corporation established byEmiri Decree No. 10 in 1974. It is responsible for
all phases of the oiland gas industry in the State of Qatar.The principal activities of QP, its subsidiaries and joint ventures
arethe exploration, production, local and international sale of crude oil,natural gas and gas liquids, refined products,
synthetic fuels,petrochemicals, fuel additives, fertilizers, liquefied natural gas(LNG), steel and aluminium.QP’s strategy of
conducting hydrocarbon exploration and development isthrough Exploration and Production Sharing Agreements (EPSA)
andDevelopment and Production Sharing Agreements (DPSA) concluded withmajor international oil and gas
companies.The operations and activities of QP and its affiliates are conducted atvarious onshore locations, including Doha,
Dukhan and the Mesaieed andRas Laffan Industrial Cities, as well as offshore areas, including HalulIsland, offshore
production stations, drilling platforms and the NorthField.Thriving on a spirit of enterprise, each of our joint ventures
isunderpinned by transparency, innovation and high standards of qualityand service. At Qatar Petroleum, we are committed
to one thing aboveall: Excellence.
PORTFOLIO ASSESSMENT & ECONOMIC EVALN
Primary purpose of job
Direct and supervise the creation of project based economic models and specific role based models for evaluating risks for
all new Oil & Gas opportunities upstream.
Experience & Skills
• Frequent interaction, both at senior executive and operating levels, will be required to undertake most of the position’s
• Regular interaction with third parties, including business partners, advisors and other industry market players will also be a
key component to the success of this position’s objectives.
• Challenges faced by this position are multifaceted, highly complex, unconventional and with no one correct solution
requiring a high degree of comprehension and fair judgments.
• The position requires a high level of maturity, experience, confidence as well as solid analytics, business acumen skills.
Integrity and ability to manage confidentiality within and outside QP’s organization are a must.
• Minimum 15 years work experience in various disciplines in the Oil & Gas industry. This must include a minimum 10 years
with emphasis on business development economic modelling, Oil & Gas fiscals design, optimization modelling, M&A
valuations, business negotiation or similar functions.
• Bachelor degree in Economics, Engineering or Business Administration from an internationally recognized university.
• Postgraduate Qualification such as MSc, MBA, PhD, or relevant experience.
• Experience with multi-disciplinary expertise ranging from technical to business and economics.
• Expert level around most relevant economic, financial and valuation technics, including ability to compare various methods
and recommend best options to senior management.
• Experienced on all asset management tools, on how to use and improve such tools and translate such analyses into
• Leadership communication skills with ability to report to senior management difficult and complex issues.
• Energy and ability to work within and across teams, to facilitate effective decision‐making.
• Evidence of strong work ethic and awareness of discretion and need to observe confidentiality in all matters.
• Excellent problem solving, financial and economic modelling skills as well as ability to work in multi-cultural environment.
• Excellent oral/written communication skills in English are required. Arabic is a plus.