Offered Salary 1000
Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
About the job:
Acts as Company’s ultimate technical authority and advisor in the area of Instrumentation & Control Engineering & Commissioning and provides expert services related to the design, construction & commissioning for development of Instrumentation & Control system and facilities associated with Petrochemical and Oil & Gas Companies.
Directs /oversees screening and conceptual designs for the new field developments and projects. Ensures correct and consistent design practices and design philosophies are applied in projects for different project phases.
Ensures safe, economic and technically sound decisions are taken to meet the projects requirements and Company’s business objectives.
- Acts as the technical Advisor in the field of Instrumentation & Control Engineering and provides necessary guidance/advice to the various Asset Teams within Projects & Technical support and other Units/Functions.
- Acts as Ultimate technical authority in Instrumentation & Control Design & Engineering and responsible for assuring that design is optimum, HSE compliant and meets operational requirements.
- Approve various Reviews Closed out Reports such as Technical studies, Value Engineering, Peer Technical Reviews (PTRs) and ADNOC major projects IPR (Independent Project Review).
- Acts as the technical advisor to Engineering Management on the development of corporate guidelines that involves the Instrumentation & Control Engineering input, including issues such as Migration on PLC & Controllers packages.
- Participates in various Projects’ design and technical reviews in the different phases of the project (Concept/Pre-FEED/FEED/EPC) to ensure full technical compliance to the Migration on PLC & Controllers packages Design requirements.
- Participates/Leads and directs the preparation and presentation of screening/option analysis and Conceptual Design work related to new field development in all field areas, as required by Company’s Major Projects Approval Processes.
- Initiates, directs and coordinates the standardization of Instrumentation & Control design work, including design basis, specifications and philosophies. Ensures correct and consistent design practices (such as codes, standards and best engineering practices) are applied across various projects in different fields.
- Supports in preparing plans for replacement of obsolete electrical equipment as per vendor recommendations and site maintenance input, with least disturbance to plant operations.
- Initiates new comprehensive studies, as and when required, for any major system changes or expansions of power system.
- Leads major and critical investigations related to Instrumentation & Control systems and support any major & complex trouble shooting.
- Participates in various acceptance tests such as Type test, FAT (Factory Acceptance Test), IFAT (Integrated Factory Acceptance Test), SIT (Site Installation Test), SAT (Site Acceptance Test) and CAT (Company Acceptance Test) for Instrumentation & Control systems.
- Approves, as technical authority, all deviations with Company Technical Specification (BGS), Procedures and International Standard, as deemed necessary.
- Develops, maintains and updates the Company Technical Specifications, Policies and Procedures related to Instrumentation & Control systems.
- Verifies the design integrity requirements for FEED and Detailed Engineering of major or growth projects.
- Supports technically the vendors and suppliers pre-qualification process.
- Supports the development of training programs in line with ADNOC directions and guidelines.
As a successful candidate you will have:
- University Degree in Instrument & Control/Electronics Engineering or equivalent
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills:
As a successful candidate you will have:
- 12 years of experience in Instrumentation & Control Engineering Design including 8 Years in a Senior Engineer position in Oil, Gas or Petrochemical industry.
- Vast experience in maintenance and trouble-shooting & Failure Analysis techniques, knowledge of international standards for plant equipment/systems and CMMS
- Condition monitoring techniques/systems.
- Thorough knowledge of HSE requirements
- Customer orientated.
- Coaching skills of advance level
- Good communication and technical report writing skills in English.
- Team working attitude in multi-cultural, multi-national work environment.
- Practical knowledge of CMMS systems like SAP.
- Proficiency in MS-Office
- Registered as a Professional Engineer with a recognized national or international engineering association, syndicate or council.