Offered Salary 1000
Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
The Business Entity
Would you like to work in a dynamic in-house legal department that uses technology to transform not just its own legal department but how law is practiced around the world?
Cisco technology products and services power the Internet and network transformations. We are world leaders in creating the IT and networking solutions that make these transformations possible – giving individuals, companies and countries easy access to information and collaboration anywhere, at any time, in a secure manner. The Cisco name is synonymous with the Internet and our Legal Department has embraced the productivity improvements and innovations that networked business solutions provide.
We are looking for a Corporate Counsel for our APJC region to support our internal clients in sales and marketing. This highly motivated, self-reliant and customer-focused professional in our team will provide frontline legal support to the region’s sales and marketing, channels and services segments. We use innovative process to engage with our internal clients and to manage the cases as well as knowledge we acquired along the way. We constantly look for opportunities to improve our tools and how we use them to enhance productivity, quality and efficiency.
The ideal candidate would be an individual who thrives in a sales-orientated environment, has excellent written and verbal language skills and proven ability to work collaboratively with clients, peers and members of other cross-functional teams in Cisco . Strong interpersonal and communication skills are also key to success in the role, as is the ability to work under strict timelines, with the comfort zone being routinely challenged while supporting high impact and results driven sales leaders.
The position will report to the Director, Corporate Counsel, APJC region.
Provide on-demand legal advice and support to internal clients on a broad range of legal disciplines and across geographies;
Liaison with and provide general legal advice to the business team, finance, brand protection, corporate investigations and other functions;
Make sound legal judgments to facilitate business execution while also minimizing risk;
Support Cisco’s business organisations to identify and capitalize on opportunities to implement positive, innovative change that supports Cisco’s strategic direction; drive replicable models and change agent projects to achieve higher customer and client satisfaction and efficiency gains.
Support the implementation of innovative and replicable legal process and solutions to business problems, managing policies and ensuring consistency with corporate strategy and business objectives, while maintaining the company’s high standards of integrity and ethical and transparent conduct
Ensure compliance issues are identified and managed effectively.
– Law degree from a reputable institution.
– 8+ years of relevant legal experience, of which at least 5 years as a trusted advisor, negotiator, and drafter of commercial agreement for sales and marketing transactions in the high-tech industry.
– Excellent working knowledge of commercial contracts, including technology sales, license and services agreements, business law, and competition law basics.
– Experience with sales agreements involving cloud services, SaaS and software licensing.
– Strong ability in negotiating and drafting high quality agreements in a high-pressured environment.
– “Can do” attitude and the drive, resourcefulness and skills to enable the business and assist client teams in getting deals closed, balancing priorities and risks with business benefit.
– In-house legal experience in a sales organization a plus.
– Equally comfortable and confident in dealing directly with management, frontline sales and