Offered Salary 1000
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward thinking Finance function. With more than 3,600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions.
The role reports to Business Controller and is located in Selmer, Tennessee. As a Financial Analyst, need to provide financial and controlling expertise to the organization by compiling and analyzing metrics, identifying trends and problems, communicating information to relevant groups, and recommending actions to improve financial performance for specific factory.
- Business Analysis: Performs analyses of business performance versus budget and forecast and proposes improvement actions.
- Performs benchmarking of key performance indicators with external and internal peers.
- Works with factory management team to understand and analyze the drivers of financial performance and identify trends.
- Prepares financial modelling for various “what if” scenarios and the overall impact to the factory.
- Special focus areas: product/business line profitability, product costing, production variances, over/under-absorption analysis/inventory analysis, incl. cycle count results. Primary ERP analysis will take place in SAP.
- Financial Reporting: Supports preparation of relevant organization financial reporting, business planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Validates accuracy of financial data and business information and reports by performing reconciliations and review of exceptions.
- Information and communication: Provides information to management by assembling and summarizing data, preparing reports, making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
- Optimization: Optimizes own performance to increase productivity by developing automated solutions, eliminating duplications, coordinating information requirements.
- Internal control and documentation: Ensures processes and controls within own area of responsibility are designed and implemented in line with Group and unit requirements. Maintains proper audit trail and documentation for future tax/ internal/external audits and reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field or economics or equivalent with minimum of 5+ years of experience, or a combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments required.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Finance and business control knowledge and experience with process orientation required.
- Experience managing or working knowledge of internal controls.
- Detail-oriented team player with the ability to effectively adhere to strict deadlines.
- Good communication and negotiation skills required.
- Basic risk management knowledge.
- Working knowledge of finance and accounting ERP, (for example, SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards etc…) required.
- Manufacturing experience will be preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with varying due dates.
- Must be able to interpret and communicate complex financial subjects.