Offered Salary 1000
Experience 2 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Conduct and coordinate geophysical interpretation and reservoir characterization studies aimed at the maturation of leads and prospects. This includes exploration play reviews, prospect ranking and maturation studies, hydrocarbon resource definition, exploration well proposals and participation in multi-disciplinary studies to define and evaluate exploration prospects and leads in Abu Dhabi. Initiates and follows up closely on all geophysical related studies carried out by consultants. Makes sure that all geophysical study findings are integrated with other studies undertaken by the assigned team. Provides advice to other team members on geophysical aspects of studies.
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 1)
• Coordinate and conduct interpretation of 1D, 2D, 3D and 4D geophysical surface, micro-seismic and well bore (VSP) data, including synthetic seismograms, seismic attribute volumes, horizon attributes, azimuthal and AVO analysis and inversion, multi-component data interpretation depth conversion and final depth maps, etc., all in full cooperation with other disciplines and integrating all petroleum engineering, geological and well data.
• Contribute to regional play evaluations, prospect ranking and maturation studies, exploration and appraisal well proposals, reservoir characterization etc., all in full cooperation with other disciplines and specifically integrating all geophysical data in multi-disciplinary studies.
• Propose and justify geophysical data gathering activities such as the acquisition and processing of new 2D or 3D seismic or re-processing of existing seismic data or acquisition and processing of potential methods data, such as gravity, magnetic and electromagnetic data
• Propose and prepare data exchanges / trade proposals with companies active in the countries and emirates surrounding Abu Dhabi, to complement ADNOC corporate data base and to be used in regional studies.
• Liaise with suppliers of geophysicist software, staying up-to-date with the latest software developments and new technologies which are of potential value to the Unit and to attend conferences, seminars and to review technical periodicals.
• Contribute to regular management reports such as the weekly highlights, weekly action points, daily exploration well drilling reports, etc.
• Recommend the acquisition of new software and hardware related to geophysics. To participate in the preparation of justifications for these acquisitions.
• Coordinate, assist and delegate any ad-hoc tasks and projects such as data requests from universities or other third parties, training requests from UAE University, GIS database, etc.
• Ensure the receipt, QC, calibration and updating of corporate and exploration databases with data received from service providers, Group Companies, SPC companies, new Joint Ventures and other third parties.
• Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
• Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective business objectives.
• Provide input for preparation of the Function / Division / Department / Section budgets, assist in the implementation of the approved Budget, and work plans to deliver business objectives.
• Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Implement approved Function/ Division/ Department/ Section policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the work programs in line with Company and International standards.
• Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Function/ Division / Department/ Section in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
• Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with best industry standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
• Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures, controls, applicable legislation, and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices.
• Provide inputs to prepare MIS and progress reports for Company Management
Internal Communications & Working Relationships
• Daily with staff within the Division and Function regarding project execution.
External Communications & Working Relationships
• Frequent contacts with staff from Group Companies, SPC companies, new Joint Ventures and International Shareholders on joint studies or exploration projects carried out by the OPCOs or SPC companies.
• Bachelor Degree in geology/geophysics or equivalent.
Minimum Experience, Knowledge & Skills
• 8 years of experience, including at least experience in all aspects of geophysical interpretation and extensive experience in lead and prospects maturation, etc.
Work Condition, Physical effort & Work Environment
A/C environment, could be exposed to the prevailing weather conditions like heat, humidity & dust during occasional site visits.
Job Family / Sub Family: Operations/Exploration-Development
Revenues/ Budget: As per approved financial budget
Direct Reports: As per organization chart
Indirect Reports: As per organization chart