Offered Salary 1000
Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
What You’ll Do
The Senior Corporate Counsel of IP Transactions will be responsible for IP transactions supporting Cisco’s successful, dynamic, and growing businesses and product lines while leveraging one of the leading patent portfolios in IT. You will:
- Manage third party patent disputes; evaluate licensing of third-party patented technology; assist in design-around strategy, or structure and negotiate patent dispute resolutions and settlements, as appropriate
- Advise and assist in structuring and drafting IP-focused technology agreements, including collaboration and innovation, joint development, university collaboration and research, partnership, technology acquisition, and commercial license agreements
- Negotiate and close patent licenses, springing licenses, settlement agreements and IP-related provisions in licensing agreements, such as covenants-not-to sue, IP indemnities, and joint ownership provisions
- Act as a trusted adviser to business units, executives, engineers, and other legal team members
Who You’ll Work With
Reporting to the Senior Director of IP Transactions within the Cisco Legal department, you will be part of a world-class intellectual property team that has pioneered new approaches to portfolio development and mitigating IP risks to achieve corporate objectives.
Our Legal department is a group of top professionals that prides itself on innovation and gives its members the support, technology, and educational opportunities to succeed. You will also work with Cisco’s corporate business development team to address the patent aspects of Cisco’s industry-leading acquisition program.
Who You Are
You are a team player with significant subject matter expertise in intellectual property law plus:
- 8+ years of patent experience, including patent litigation or experience negotiating offensive and/or defensive patent assertions
- 3+ years of experience in IP or technology transactions, with significant hands-on experience negotiating and drafting IP related provisions in technology transactions, patent licenses, and/or settlements
- Have a high technical aptitude and/or technical degree
- Have graduated from a recognized law school, and are admitted to practice before a state bar and the United States Patent and Trademark Office
In-house experience preferred. You must be a strong team player who thrives in a collaborative and dynamic environment. You have a proven ability to think creatively and drive complex transactions to closure. You are detail oriented, flexible to handle a variety of IP transactions and issues, and you can build strong relationships with your legal colleagues and business clients. You are able to quickly get to the heart of complex issues and present them in a clear way to drive decision making.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us! Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.