Offered Salary 1000
Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
The Operations Manager of IP Operations will be responsible for running the IP operations that support Cisco’s successful, dynamic, and growing businesses and product lines while leveraging one of the leading patent portfolios in IT. You will:
- Support the IP Team in developing and managing Cisco’s patent portfolio
- Conduct a continuous and comprehensive audit of the IP Team’s processes (docket curation, outside counsel management, patent pruning, etc.) to identify areas of improvement
- Develop and deploy innovative patent processes to optimize and improve existing workflows
- Gather and evaluate operational benchmarks to understand and inform industry best practices
- Systematize recurring tasks and activities to optimize allocation of team resources and automate processes
- Collaborate with Patent Team members to execute and manage team-wide initiatives (patent awards, Legal Process Outsourcing, pruning, etc.)
Who You’ll Work With
Reporting to the Director of IP Operations within the Cisco Legal department, you will be part of a world-class intellectual property team that has pioneered new approaches to portfolio development and mitigating the risk of non-practicing entities.
Our Legal department is a group of top professionals that prides itself on innovation and gives its members the support, technology, and educational opportunities to succeed. You will also work with Cisco’s corporate business development team to address the patent aspects of Cisco’s industry-leading acquisition program.
Who You Are
You are a team player with significant expertise in intellectual property operations plus:
- 10+ years of experience at a law firm and/or in-house legal department
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge or familiarity of patent prosecution and patent law
- Understanding of law firm and vendor services as it relates to process development
- Ability to take initiative in creating and improving processes
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a strong ability to review and organize numerous documents and data in complex legal matters
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and manage numerous projects simultaneously with a minimum amount of input and/or direction
- Ability to manage changing priorities, respond to questions/issues spontaneously, and facilitate collaborative results
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills conducive to team development as well as excellent creative written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for process optimization, patent law, and the protection of our Cisco’s innovation
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us! Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.