Offered Salary 1000
Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Qatar Petroleum (QP) is a state-owned public corporation established byEmiri Decree No. 10 in 1974. It is responsible for
all phases of the oiland gas industry in the State of Qatar.The principal activities of QP, its subsidiaries and joint ventures
arethe exploration, production, local and international sale of crude oil,natural gas and gas liquids, refined products,
synthetic fuels,petrochemicals, fuel additives, fertilizers, liquefied natural gas(LNG), steel and aluminium.QP’s strategy of
conducting hydrocarbon exploration and development isthrough Exploration and Production Sharing Agreements (EPSA)
andDevelopment and Production Sharing Agreements (DPSA) concluded withmajor international oil and gas
companies.The operations and activities of QP and its affiliates are conducted atvarious onshore locations, including Doha,
Dukhan and the Mesaieed andRas Laffan Industrial Cities, as well as offshore areas, including HalulIsland, offshore
production stations, drilling platforms and the NorthField.Thriving on a spirit of enterprise, each of our joint ventures
isunderpinned by transparency, innovation and high standards of qualityand service. At Qatar Petroleum, we are committed
to one thing aboveall: Excellence.
OPERATED OFFSHORE OIL FIELD DEVELOPMENT
Primary purpose of job
Perform integrated reservoir studies of the QP operated oil fields to optimize field development plans. Contribute to the
construction and updating of reservoir simulation modelling and reservoir / well performance data analysis. Contribute to
reservoir surveillance, infill and workover programs, well planning, reservoir management activities and field annual
reviews. Contribute to detailed integrated development plans for both developed and undeveloped hydrocarbon resources.
Perform annual reserves review and generate long-term production/injection forecasts. Identify key reservoir and
development uncertainties and recommend mitigation plans. Work closely with team lead and management to report
progress and study results, answer queries and present to peers and management. Provide on-the-job training for young
Experience & Skills
• Minimum 10 years work experience as a Reservoir Engineer in the Oil and Gas industry with demonstrated reservoir
studies expertise in large oil and gas fields, emphasizing mature carbonate oil fields under water-flood.
• Good experience in constructing numerical reservoir simulation models from initialization to history matching and field
• Demonstrable experience in PVT and SCAL, with implementation in simulation models.
• Experience in transient well test interpretation, material balance modelling, wellbore dynamics modeling and performance,
well planning, and reservoir monitoring.
• Strong teamwork experience in a multicultural environment. Must be fluent in spoken and written English with ability to
communicate effectively with peers, less experienced staff and management.
• Must be familiar with reserves evaluation, classification and booking (SPE PRMS or SEC standards).
• Experience in complex and advanced reservoir simulation techniques (faults/fractures, dual porosity, compositional..etc)..
• Desirable to have experience in horizontal well development and oil-rim development.
• Desirable to have knowledge of uncertainty analysis and risk assessment/management.
Software Knowledge/ Experience
• Simulation – Eclipse 100/300
• Petrel RE
• Fluid property modelling – PVTi, PVTSim
• Material balance – MBAL
• Wellbore dynamics modelling – PROSPER
• Well test interpretation – Saphir
• Reservoir surveillance – OFM
• Using uncertainty software such as MEPO is a plus.
BSc in Engineering (preferably Petroleum Engineering) or Applied Sciences.