Offered Salary 1000
Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
ake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
The mission of the Planning & Fulfillment function is to support profitable growth by ensuring the accurate tactical planning of our demand and our operations, optimizing inventory and resource management and the perfect fulfillment of customers’ orders. This mission is achieved by balancing and improving five metrics: customer on-time delivery, inventory, lead-time, forecast accuracy and resource optimization.
This role reports to Local Product Group Manager and is located in Pinetops, North Carolina. As a Master Schedule Planner, you will be responsible for conversion of supply plan into a master production schedule which can be executed.
- Master Production Schedule creation: Translate projected forecasts, incoming volume, and work scopes into a production plan with a time-phased build schedule. Establish key performance indicators of master plan accuracy. Ensure the interaction of a firm’s functional managers and track and maintain the forecast through timely and accurate feedback. Assemble master schedule reporting regarding performance to the business plan, the shipment plan, the inventory plan, and the production plan. Identify current planned level of demand and create tactical production plans to meet the identified customer demand. Calculate production lead times. Manage load levelling and bottleneck scheduling and utilize theory of constraints (TOC) for more accurate scheduling. Analyze production floor status through input/output control reporting.
- Planning parameters: Maintains planning parameters in ERP and planning systems.
- Collaboration with stakeholders: Works with customer service to provide appropriate delivery dates, and material planners to convert the Supply Plan into a master production schedule. Schedule supply based on the product mix and provide accurate commitment dates to customer service team across multiple product lines. Provide input to finance on operating plans for the sales and operations planning (S&OP) process, concerning incoming volume and capacity.
- Planning controls: Manages MRP (Materials Resource Planning) exception messages daily. Working with local execution, Local P&F manager and Hub P&F manager to resolve issues.
- Planning: Provides input into S&OP and short-term planning processes. Identifies issue that cannot be resolved locally. Provides feedback regarding feasibility of the plan. Engage in capacity management during sales and operations planning, master scheduling, materials requirements planning and production activity control.
- Associate Degree is required in specific disciplines such as: engineering, business or supply chain management with a minimum 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment. A Bachelor’s Degree is desired. Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Requires understanding of supply management and transportation matters and related policies.
- SAP Experience and technical ability to create new tools or processes that improve the planning/purchasing/scheduling process.
- Requires ability to respond effectively to unforeseen developments and initiate actions to reduce adverse impact.
- Interfacing with other groups on matters that may involve negotiations requires ability to communicate effectively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Extensive knowledge of bill of materials and routings.
- APICS CPIM or an aggressive plan for achievement of certification.