Offered Salary 1000
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Smart Power is a global technology leader, with solutions that make power supplies smart, connected and protected. Its intelligent solutions make power more competitive by improving the energy efficiency, productivity and reliability of almost any operation.
Manufacturing at ABB ranges from assembly of customized industrial robots to advanced production of electrical switches and breakers. The innovative products we make, drive the world’s largest ships, connect remote renewable power sources with consumers, and automate complex industrial processes.
The role reports to the Production Manager and is located in Senatobia, Mississippi.
- Ensures the shift operation is run in compliance with health & safety policies and guidelines.
- Assists management and shift team in allocating, coordinating, and overseeing shift orders and work plan execution within production lines during the shift.
- Provides regular feedback and makes recommendations to management regarding issues within the production line, including production line organization, shifting priorities and possible critical situations.
- Helps management implement staff movements in case of vacations, illnesses, machine outages or shifting priorities.
- Support the unit in achieving the set production targets by adhering to the systems and processes. Correctly use machinery and equipment on the shop floor.
- Serves as leader during shifts to oversee cooperation and the resolution of technical/quality problems and logistic issues.
- Reinforces focus on volume, efficiency and on time delivery.
- Conducts all types of assembly work to produce a semi-finished or final products/systems/panels, including the packing where integrated with production lines. Work is typically done manually or by using light hand tools.
- The job may include regular quality testing as part of a defined production process. Skill set required depends on type of products and level of complexity.
- Operates within standard operating procedures and maintains a clean work area.
- Perform housekeeping duties throughout the shift and at designated times.
- Other duties as deemed necessary or assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 1 year of relevant experience.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Basic computer skills and understanding of overall manufacturing operations.
- Required to stand, bend walk for extended periods of time throughout shift.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Detailed and team oriented.
- Flexible to work overtime with little or no notice.