The Senior Accountant is responsible for general accounting functions for domestic and international operations. This role offers the chance for exposure to a variety of areas throughout the organization including acquisitions and international experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Back up the Accounting Manager and be a viable resource for Accounting questions that may arise from other departments or the senior leadership team.
- Play a leading role in the monthly/quarterly/yearly close process and ensuring all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Oversee and ensure accuracy of the monthly consolidation process.
- Gain international experience via consolidation and FX adjustments
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare and/or review necessary journal entries for properly stated financial statements in accordance with GAAP and company policy.
- Analyze financial statements to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes to summarize and interpret the current and projected financial positions of the company.
- Present and communicate findings to management.
- Ensure compliance of assigned SOX and audit areas for general accounting.
- Prepare reporting packages and schedules per corporate requirements.
- Make recommendations regarding accounting of reserves and expenditures.
- Develop and implement process improvements.
- Lead special projects such as audit requests and Danaher requests.
- Prepare and/or review monthly account reconciliations.
- Maintain chart of accounts
- Maintain financial statement structure
- Prepare journal entries
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Business acumen & technical knowledge including advanced accounting concepts
- Advanced Microsoft Office computer skills especially Excel and Word
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines.
- Communication and Interpersonal skills; Teamwork and leadership
- Organizational skills; Self-management
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum two to five years’ experience in accounting.