Location: Dubai, AE
Company: Majid Al Futtaim
Majid Al Futtaim invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, serving over 560 million visitors a year. For the past two decades, we have shaped the consumer landscape across the region, transforming the way people shop, live and play, while maintaining a strong sustainability track record and the largest mall in the world to attain LEED Gold EBOM Certification. We have over 40,000 team members in 15 international markets representing over 100 nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do. If you enjoy being BOLD, PASSIONATE and TOGETHER, then Majid Al Futtaim is the destination for you.
|The role of the Project Manager is to manage and oversee the project development process including project team members, for assigned projects at MAF LEC and MAF Lifestyle with emphasis on International brands project management experience. Responsible for running smaller projects independently and/or working as part of a project management team on major projects, establishing and maintaining relation with international host brands design and project execution teams, ensuring that activities are completed on budget and within deadline as per specified scope.
|Role Details – Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
|Planning, Delivery and Support
- Development and implementation of policies and standards covering all tasks of the Development Delivery function; so that all relevant procedural / legislative and DOA requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service to internal and external customers.
- Supports the delivery stage of the development strategic plan.
- Past experience in developing international brands, with focus on fashion and lifestyle brands is preferable.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining positive and productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, industry representatives, municipality and government offices.
- Provides regular MIS reports on project status, risk and mitigation strategies.
- Assists in budget preparation for BAR submittals.
- Negotiates, engage and oversee appointment of all external consultants required for development works, e.g. Lead Architects, MEP, QS, Structural, F&B and specialist suppliers ensuring time, quality and cost parameters are achieved.
- Participate in the delivery of all new MAF LEC and MAF Lifestyle businesses and refurbishments to maximize profitability by minimizing gross lettable area.
- Ensures the company’s investment in new developments is supported by following the Development Work Flow.
- Oversees and monitor the delivery team providing strategic direction on permits, construction, installation and stakeholder alliances of project management for new and existing projects.
- Participates in necessary briefings and negotiations on design specifications and requirements with stakeholders and consultants.
- Ensures all projects are managed throughout the construction and delivery phases across multiple projects in multiple locations.
- Support the efforts of the Pre-Contract Development team by performing the necessary activities for existing and potential projects and keeping all up-to-date.
- Review of technical and commercial documentation (i.e., tender process pre/post queries) related to projects; respond and close-out all queries in this regard
- Coordinates with Landlords to ensure their work scope deliverables as per MAF LEC and MAF Lifestyle lease terms are met.
- Assist in design brief preparation and consultant scope definition.
- Prepares the required documentation to obtain the necessary approvals both internally and externally to MAF LEC and MAF Lifestyle for defined projects.
- Manages the process; by which consultants and contractors are appointed and following up accordingly.
- Coordinates with Internal and External Project Managers to ensure adequate support is provided in the design, tendering, consultant / contractor appointment and project execution.
- Reviews the deliverables to ensure design intent, technical quality and performance specifications of the projects are achieved through to completion and handover.
- Manages close-out (commercial and technical) of projects
- Provides status updates to ensure SLA’s and needful updates are provided.
|Definition of Success
|• Responsible for financial management and record keeping of relevant stages of each project.
• Manage cost and post contract financial management
• Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies in the region.
• Ensure compliance with all contracts, legal agreements and the proper execution of all municipality and government requirements.
- Advanced knowledge in CAD & MS Project, Primavera and other project management related software
- Comprehensive understanding of FIDIC.
- Management of multiple projects covering multiple locations (potentially geographically separated)
- Responsible for integration of numerous consultants’ efforts covering architectural, structural, design, fire/life safety etc.
- Performs any additional adhoc duties as and when requested by the Line Manager and/or Head of Department.
|Personal Characteristics and Required Background:
- Logical, methodical and results driven.
- Able to lead, develop, manage and motivate a team of indirect reports.
- Able to lead and oversee commercial relationship management issues with external stakeholders.
- Able to Mentor and train the commercial teams
- 8-10+ years of experience with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a property project management/development and/or project management role within MENA region, with experience in developing international brands projects.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Management or in the relevant field.