Offered Salary 1000
Location: DFW Headquarters Building 8 (DFW-SV08)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 41284
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
The Customer Planning and Analysis team at American Airlines is looking for new candidates to help support our domestic and international airport operations throughout the American network. While cost forecasting, process improvement and staffing analysis make up the core functions of this team, what makes the position equally unique and challenging is its wide-ranging scope that interacts with every facet of the airline.
What you’ll do
We place tremendous value on critical thinking and leadership, touching projects with high visibility to senior management. Our team works closely with one another to provide local airport leadership the resources it needs while maximizing productivity.
- Develop the annual operating budget and staffing models used to forecast operating expenditures
- Communicate with airport leadership to ensure full comprehension of planned spending
- Monitor and analyze spending trends to adjust budgets and models to meet the needs of airports
- Provide financial analysis and justification for capital proposals to secure necessary funding
- Work with airports to identify, analyze, and solve operational issues or improve processes
- Develop solutions to maximize passenger and baggage throughput at all phases of the customer journey including but not limited to airport check-in, security, boarding, and flight connections
- Perform time and motion studies and analyze results to make recommendations on airport processes and standards
- Uses qualitative and quantitative observations/data to develop data driven solutions to root causes and develop models
- Collaborates across many work groups and all levels of airport team members to ensure changes are sustainable
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics, Aviation, Industrial Engineering, or related field
- Analytical skills to understand various forecasting techniques and variance analysis
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills with an aptitude for problem solving
- Ability to work effectively, meet deadlines, and shift priorities appropriately in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment with great attention to detail
- Ability to take on projects from start to finish both in a group and individually with little management oversight
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint proficiency required
- Experience with SQL, Python, or other coding languages and simulation software is a plus
- Experience with lean six sigma and continuous improvement projects is a plus
- Willingness to travel on company business up to 25% of the time
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more