Offered Salary 1000
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Location: Flight Training Academy (DFW-SV03)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 42594
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- This job is a member of the Investigating team within the Integrated Operations Division.
- Responsible for providing analysis of operational flight data as well as producing reports and presentations for the Flight Operation Quality Assurance (FOQA) Program.
What you’ll do
- Conducts daily work flow processes for the FOQA program
- Assesses events and trends, identifies operational hazards, and validates corrective actions
- Develops new data analysis products and methodologies for data mining
- Coordinates with the Flight Operations Department for data analysis needs
- Coordinates regularly with Allied Pilots Association (APA) FOQA gatekeepers
- Coordinates with Technical Operations regarding support of the FOQA program and maintenance analysis
- Creates flight animations of actual events for use in operational departments
- Assists with accident and incident investigations
- Participates in monthly FOQA Monitoring Team meetings
- Participates and contributes to the American Airlines Safety Management System (SMS) process
- Develops, prepares and presents analysis of flight data
- Creates enhanced reports and dashboards using Tableau or Microsoft BI
- Represents American Airlines at industry meetings
- Assists with accident and incident investigations, to include occasional weekend and holiday duty
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience/training
- 3 years related job experience
- Experience working with data mining tools such as Tableau, Business Objects, Access, etc.
- Experience performing data analysis and building various related reports in MS Office products
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Mathematics, Engineering, or Statistics
- Basic Programming knowledge/experience
- Master’s degree in related field
- Previous experience within a FOQA/Flight Data Monitoring program
- Expertise in flight data monitoring software
- Experience using CEFA animation software
- Private pilot license or higher
- Previous job experience at an air carrier
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Knowledge of aeronautical theory and aviation operations as applied to commercial aircraft
- Proficient using MS Office software
- Must fulfill background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
- Must be able to handle multiple projects with changing deadlines
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more