Offered Salary 1000
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Location: DFW Headquarters Building 8 (DFW-SV08)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 40315
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- This position is a member of the Information Technology Team, within the RPT Commercial Data Engineering & Business Analytics group supporting Revenue Management Product.
The role of the Date Engineer, IT Applications will be to translate business requirements into solutions enabling business value in areas which may include analytics, data pipelines, and complex batch processing of airline commercial data.
Success in this role is defined by the ability to leverage strong data application skills to open new capabilities being defined by our business community. You will collaborate with our business partners, fellow developers, and platform architects to achieve these
What you’ll do
- Works in conjunction with Product Owner and Agile team
- Interact with business and technologies peers
- Interpret business data and data access requirements
- Provide appropriate estimates on development tasks and capacity requirements
- Complete source to target mappings
- Develop, code, test, and implement data solutions according to business requirements
- Design job/jobstream flows via scheduling tool, ensuring proper dependencies within enterprise schedules
- Provide assistance and resolution for any production related issues
- Be accountable for application performance monitoring and tuning
- Contribute to continuous improvement of On Premise Data warehouse and BigData applications and the Cloud applications
- Develop POC’s when necessary
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 3+ years’ of hands on experience in data warehouse development including framework and application solutions leveraging DataStage and Teradata
- 3+ years’ experience with UNIX Shell Scripting and SQL
- Experience delivering data solutions for, or within, an analytic or business intelligence environment
- Source code management in Git or Subversion
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- 5 years of hands on experience in data warehouse development including framework and application solutions leveraging DataStage and Teradata
- Experience in Big Data development including Python, Spark, Scala, Parquet
- Experience in Cloud; IBM or Azure
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Demonstrated achievement in developing analytical data layers/applications with large data volume
- Strong problem-solving ability with a positive “can-do” attitude
- DevOps CI/CD using Jenkins or other competing tools in the market
- A passion for technology, continuous improvement, quality and helping others grow
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more