Offered Salary 1000
Experience 4 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
- Assist the Senior Legal Counsel in providing timely legal advice to the Management of Majid Al Futtaim Properties, in regards to Corporate / BU legal matters outlining the legal implications of the issues that Majid Al Futtaim Properties faces in carrying out its business, suggesting alternatives, if necessary, in order to ensure Majid Al Futtaim Properties interests are protected against any potential legal risk/liability and/or detrimental reputational risks.
- Review and drafting of standard contracts templates and legal documents relating to Majid Al Futtaim Properties business, and continuously updating and adding to the templates in use, depending inter alia on the needs of the business, change in legislation and legal risk analysis. Such contracts and documents include without limitation: memoranda of understanding; joint venture agreements; shareholders’ agreements; company Memoranda and Articles of Association; and commercial agreements of various types such as agreements for supply of products and services.
- Assist in handling of legal actions of all types filed by and against Majid Al Futtaim Properties, and liaising with external legal Counsel for such purpose, briefing / supervising / managing external Counsel, reviewing all the memoranda prepared by external Counsel and providing feedback.
- Manage Majid Al Futtaim Properties legal matters related to Intellectual Property; Human Resources and employment including review of Majid Al Futtaim Properties policies and procedures; and Information Technology.
- Manage external legal counsel within the guidelines provided from time to time by Senior Legal Cousnel, to provide necessary support / advice, due diligence reviews in relation to Majid Al Futtaim Properties business.
- Advising on all complex and other legal matters and playing a role of risk mitigation and prevention of disputes with third parties in relation to Majid Al Futtaim Properties business.
- Assist relevant managers of Majid Al Futtaim Properties in negotiations with third parties providing advice on the legal implications and options for concluding the negotiations with maximum protection of MAFP interest.
- Preventive Lawyering to avoid litigation where possible and advise on litigation of all types facing Majid Al Futtaim Properties before judicial and arbitral authorities in every jurisdiction, handling of disputes in and outside court in liaison with outside Counsel and providing recommendations on the appropriate steps to be taken, and implementation thereof.
- Monitor and report on key legal issues, material legal matters and relevant legal developments within the UAE and in countries where Majid Al Futtaim Properties operates or intends to operate.
- Ensure compliance with the MAFP SMBU’s Code of Conduct, Departmental policies and HC Policies and Procedures at all times.
- Be the advocate and ambassador of aligning and cascading the MAFP values in the assigned area of responsibility and ensure that relevant team adhered to and exhibit the same all the time.
- Build the capability of staff reporting into by providing on time regular feedback including annual review on performance and identify areas of improvement / reinforcement for further development.
- Manage, guide and mentor the team reporting into and take full responsibility in identifying potential talent and timely supporting professional development.