Offered Salary 1000
Location: TUL Mtc & Engr Base (TUL-MNTC)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 41346
This job will continue to be posted until at least X/XX/XX. If interested, please apply prior to this date.
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- Responsible for shipping and receiving of Aircraft components, expendable material and aircraft tooling system-wide.
- The terms and conditions of this position are covered by the Transport Workers Union (TWU) – Collective Bargaining Agreement.
What you’ll do
- Exchanges information with Inventory Records personnel.
- Follows up purchasing on selected incomplete items. Gives data on stock to authorized Company personnel, especially Stores, Inventory Control, Maintenance, Treasury and Communications personnel.
- Keeps work and adjacent areas clear. Stores items according to Company, fire, safety, and “good housekeeping” regulations and practices. Cleans and services equipment used to keep it in operating condition and presentable and reports need for repairs.
- Works according to Company regulations and procedures and instructions from Crew Chief or supervisor.
- As may apply to work assignment, climbs on ladders, bins, etc.; drives or guides powered equipment such as industrial tractors with or without a trailer, fork lift, truck or station wagon, power saw; uses hand tools such as hammer, crow bar, pliers, screwdrivers, wrench; uses industrial scales, uses cleaning equipment such as broom, dust cloth, dust pan, and rags, and any other equipment used to aid in carrying out assigned duties in the most efficient manner.
All you’ll need for success
- HS diploma or GED required
- Applicants must have either successfully completed two years (equivalent) of college or have received a certificate from an acceptable trade/technical school or must have twelve (12) or more months of acceptable experience in general warehouse or similar type supply function involving receiving, shipping and binning material by parts and serial number
- Applicable valid drivers license as required by local authorities
- Successful completion of all required qualifying tests; including hazardous material handling
- Work rotating shifts including weekends, holidays, and days off
- Work overtime on short notice in emergencies or when operationally necessary
- Read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
- Read and write legibly to complete forms and/or acknowledge messages, as well as identify company part numbers, invoice, bill of lading, and shipper numbers, as required
- Ability to distinguish colors
- Use simple arithmetic (Addition and subtraction of six-digit numbers)
- Must have knowledge of and ability to use basic computer skills
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
- Reports to work on a regular and timely basis
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more