Offered Salary 1000
Experience 5 Years
At Nokia, we create technology that helps the world act together.
As a trusted partner for critical networks, we are committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed, and cloud networks. We create value with intellectual property and long-term research, led by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs.
Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, we help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
Watch our video to discover how we create meaningful interactions to drive human progress.
About Nokia Technologies
Nokia Technologies is focused on licensing Nokia intellectual property, including patents, technologies and the Nokia brand, building on Nokia’s continued innovation and decades of R&D leadership in technologies used in virtually all connected devices used today.
The Head of Economics is responsible for the business-critical task of developing and executing our IP valuation and pricing approaches, methods, frameworks, and processes in close collaboration with our Licensing and CTO organizations. In addition, the Head of Economics will contribute to our licensing and litigation efforts by developing high-quality economic analysis and argumentation to quantify and demonstrate the value of our industry-leading IP assets. The Head of Economics will join our strategy team and collaborate closely with our other economists and strategy professionals.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
Valuation and pricing of intellectual property
- Drives the development of our IP valuation and pricing frameworks, methods, and processes
- Designs high-quality economic studies, drives their execution, and manages the engagement of external partners, to ensure quality and robustness of our pricing
- Collaborates closely with TECH CTO, Licensing, Litigation, and Advocacy teams to ensure that the best available information on IP assets, markets, and regulation is used for valuation and pricing
- Leverages economic theory and fit-for-purpose econometric methods to model and quantify the value created by our technologies in different markets and use cases
- Analyzes relevant market and patent data to ensure fact-based decision making in valuation and pricing and to generate analytical insights that help steer our efforts in R&D and licensing
- Develops high-quality materials and presentations to facilitate decision making and to effectively communicate the valuation and pricing logic underlying our royalty rates
- Facilitates coordination and alignment of valuation and pricing across our licensing programs
Licensing negotiation and litigation support
- Collaborates closely with Licensing and Litigation teams to support our licensing efforts
- Assists Licensing teams in pricing execution for specific licensing cases when needed
- Ensures high-quality economic analysis and argumentation for licensing and litigation cases
- Steers the analysis, argument development, and testimony of external economic experts
Academic collaboration and policy advocacy
- Supports our advocacy efforts by developing economic analysis and argumentation where needed
- Follows relevant research and policy discussions to track key developments for our business
- Participates in industry organizations where economic expertise from Nokia is needed
- Engages with the economics research community to educate and learn about the intricacies of intellectual property rights
Required experience and capabilities:
- PhD in economics (or an equivalent methodological skillset)
- Proven track-record in economic modeling and applied econometrics
- Expertise in industrial organization and structural econometric modeling
- Relevant work experience e.g. from industry, consulting, or academia
- Prior experience from IP valuation and pricing considered a major asset
- Strategic thinker with a strong command of analytical problem solving
- Self-starter with the ability and drive to deliver quality deliverables on tight deadlines
- Proven track-record of delivering excellent results in demanding environments
- Team player with the ability to create buy-in and drive action in a global environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to operate at different levels of abstraction
- Ability to handle complex concepts and translate analyses into clear recommendations
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to tailor communication to different audiences