Offered Salary 1000
Experience 7 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Primary, set up and operate CNC machines, completing tasks on both metallic and non-metallic part fabrication. Secondary, support the machining operations of the facility by performing the following responsibilities.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specification or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig bores and shapers.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance to finished work piece to specifications.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resole machining or assembly problems.
- Assess and comment on first off piece production and input into design for manufacturing review process.
- Provide information to the Planning Section to enable the compilation of meaningful schedules.
- Provide input into the specification of production equipment.
- Ensure that adequate notice is given to QC for first-off checks to be carried out as applicable.
- Complete work in a timely manner.
- Enhancing customer satisfaction and wherever possible exceeding client expectations.
- Comply with all departmental and company procedures and work instructions.
Minimum Job Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Experience: Recognized engineering apprentice training. Conventional machine experience (lathe/mill). CNC experience including programming of Mazak Integrex (Mazatrol) and star sliding head machines (Fanac).
Requires 7+ years machine shop experience in setting up and operating CNC production machinery in a metal cutting high precision environment.
Acts as a go to person for department. Requires little to no supervision.
Education: C&G part 3 craft certificate, ONC or equivalent