Offered Salary 1000
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
At Nokia, we create technology that helps the world act together.
As a trusted partner for critical networks, we are committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed, and cloud networks. We create value with intellectual property and long-term research, led by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs.
Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, we help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
Watch our video to discover how we create meaningful interactions to drive human progress.
About Network Infrastructure
The mission of the Network Infrastructure (NI) Business Group is to be the most trusted partner for the world’s most critical network infrastructure. NI will respond to the ever-increasing demand for networks with higher capacity, greater reliability, faster speeds, and lower costs.
Note-Excluding Colorado for Location
Mission: The Business Development Manager role is a position that works closely with customers and account teams to develop the company’s customer go-to-market strategy and solution for regional and rural service providers along with new entrants to broadband service delivery. In addition, the role will help define and interact with strategic partners, consortiums, and the consultant community to expand Nokia’s reach into the rural broadband market. This position requires competence in developing both business and technology plans using Nokia’s Fixed Networks (FN) portfolio.
- Working with decision makers in key accounts assesses potential, formulates strategy, positions solutions and guides business lines to address opportunities
- Evaluates and develops new strategic business opportunities, initiatives, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, alliances and/or joint ventures
- Develops and articulates value proposition for FN technologies, products and solutions with customers
- Identifies product roadmap features and priorities
- Drives opportunity development in cooperation with sales
- Provide commercial support to sales teams in developing proposals for customers for deployment of products and solutions and drive to commercial closure.
- Provide support to tendering teams that are leading the proposal response process. This includes leading the Go / No Go process to determine response strategy, and support on proposal response including developing solution summaries, assisting with RFx responses and Bid Defenses, and evaluate project risks.
- Performs market analysis, monitoring competitive activity, and identifying customer needs and market trends
- Develops business cases for key initiatives and manage associated offers
- Contributes to key business reporting metrics (orders, revenues and margins) and deal flow (new, pending, closed deals, winning rate, rebids, etc.) trends
- Supports strategic account planning with the Customer Team and FN Business Units
- Research and remain current on trends in the access market and government funding initiatives relating to the Tier 3/4 CSPs and MSOs, public utilities, municipalities and new access providers
Skills required: advanced skills in leadership, communication, consultation, business modeling, access technologies
Education, Degree and discipline: Degree in Engineering or Computer Science with experience in Business Management
Years of experience: 10+
Special knowledge: Technology and US Broadband Market knowledge including In home networking, PON, Fixed Wireless and small CSP/public utility broadband customer segments
Skills and Competencies:
- Industry expert on access network solutions with an active network of contacts with vendors/suppliers, customers, internal contacts
- Excels in written and verbal communication including with executive level decision makers
- Able to transcend cross business unit organizations, building a strong network of contacts and lead cross business unit initiatives
- A trusted advisor to executive level decision makers driving technology decisions, network evolution and transformation strategies
- Effectively represents and communicates product and technology towards the Sales teams and customers
- Works with a broad range of professionals within the Nokia organization to address challenging business issues
- Willing to travel 20-40% of time for customer / industry engagements