Offered Salary 1000
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
We are having increased activity and we are looking to strengthen our team within fluid dynamics and hydraulic design discipline. Our team work within but not limited to design and testing of pumps , compressors and turbo machinery.
OneSubsea is recruiting Process Engineers based in Bergen, Sandsli.
The Fluid Dynamics Department is responsible for hydraulic and rotor dynamic design of our market leading subsea multiphase pumps and compressors. The Process Engineer will be responsible for equipment sizing, hydraulic performance and thermodynamic performance of the pumps and compressors. The role will also include protection and operability of the subsea pumps and compressors, including specifying control system functionality.
An important part of the work is to further develop our subsea systems to enable solutions for fields with deeper water, longer tie-back, higher pressure and more complex fluid. The main drivers for technology improvements are maintaining high reliability and securing low carbon footprint. Further product development through fit-for-purpose engineering design is also a vital part of the work. For our project deliveries we are involved in engineering, development and design verification by full scale testing of our systems in our in-house test facilities. To further strengthen our team, we seek new motivated and talented individuals eager to explore innovative technical solutions and enhancements of state-of-the-art pump and compressor designs. The candidates should be committed, enthusiastic and have a positive attitude.
Responsibilities for the Fluid Dynamics Department:
- Ensure fit-for-purpose design of subsea pump and compressors in terms of hydraulic and thermodynamic performance.
- Design low carbon solutions through design and system optimization
- Perform hydraulic design, computational fluid simulations, thermodynamic design, etc.
- Design of core technology through component and system design.
- Ensure safe system operation of subsea pump and compressor systems.
- Work as a Pump/Compressor Performance Lead in EPCI (Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation) projects.
- Improve and maintain existing software and analysis methods for inhouse and external models. Knowledge of CFD software or PVT software will be beneficial.
- Participate in full scale testing of rotating machinery and pump / compressor systems.
Minimum Job Qualifications
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Master or PhD degree in process engineering, or similar level of relevant education
- Main fields of study preferable: Fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, heat and mass transfer, process engineering or mechanical engineering.
- Excellent academic results.
- Creative and solution oriented, with good communication skills in both English and Norwegian (both oral and written).
- Able to work efficiently both in teams and autonomously.
- Preferable software skills: CFD modelling, PVT fluid modelling, programming languages e.g. Python, C#, C++, etc.
- Both graduates and experienced professional applications are accepted.
- Work experience 0-5 years.
We can offer
International working environment and career opportunities through all OneSubsea departments
Opportunity to learn and grow within the company
Good working environment
Competitive salary and benefits
Please apply to this position as soon as possible, but no later than 31th of May 2021, by following the link.
By submitting your CV you indicate your consent for Schlumberger to process your personal details in relation to potential job vacancies. Your details will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Any questions, please contact Senior recruiter listed to this job post.